G4S plc Preliminary Results Announcement January December 2007
- Very strong organic turnover growth* of 9.1% (2006: 7.1%)
- Group turnover* up 14.5% to £4,490.4 million (2006: £3,923.2m)
- PBITA* up 16.8% to £312.1 million (2006: £267.1 m)
- Margin* improved to 7.0% (2006: 6.8%)
- Cash flow generation of £276.4 million, 89% of PBITA (2006: 86%)
- Adjusted earnings per share increased by 10.7% to 13.4p (2006: 12.1p)
- Recommended final dividend up 13.1% to 2.85 pence per share DKK 0.279 (2006: 2.52p/DKK 0.277)
(Recommended total dividend up 17.8% to 4.96 pence per share DKK 0.511 (2006: 4.21p/DKK 0.463))
- Process commenced for divestment of security services businesses in France and Germany
- Announced acquisition of Global Solutions Limited in December 2007
- Launched new strategy to drive accelerated growth and development
- Excellent all-round performance, particularly in developing markets
* at constant (2007) exchange rates
Nick Buckles, Chief Executive Officer, commented:
“We are extremely pleased with the performance of the business in 2007 and feel confident about the further development of the group this year.
In developed markets we have achieved a solid result with organic growth of around 7% and margins in line with the previous year. The increased organic growth of 17% and improved margins in developing markets has driven an overall margin improvement of 0.2% across the group.
We’ve introduced the investment community to the next phase of our strategy which we believe will drive accelerated growth and development for the group and we have already announced a number of acquisitions which help us drive the strategy forward.
Overall, the outlook for the business is good and we are not expecting the recent economic uncertainties to impact our ability to continue to deliver strong results in the future.”
Please click here for the full announcement: G4S plc Preliminary Results Announcement, January – December 2007