Securing Your World


Read our frequently asked questions to find out about contacting our registrars or queries with your dividends or shares

Contacting our Registrars
Capita Asset Services
The Registry
34 Beckenham Road

Tel: within UK 0871 664 0300 (calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras), lines are open 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Outside UK +44 (0)20 8639 3399

What do I do if I move home?
If you move home you will need to inform our registrars of your new address.

You will need:

  • Shareholder's full name and current registered address
  • Shareholder reference number
  • You will find both of these on a share certificate, recent dividend voucher or any of our other correspondence

 What do I need to do if I change my name?
If you change your name, please write to our registrars with details of your new name and previous name. You should attach a copy of your marriage certificate or your change of name deed together with your share certificate(s) and any unpaid dividend cheques in your old name. The registrars will then reissue them.

If you have also changed your address, see 'What do I need to do if I move home?'.


How do I report the death of a registered holder?
If you are administering an estate, you may need to transfer the shares into the names of the beneficiaries or sell the holding. The first step is to write to our registrar, they will then place a temporary marker on the register to ensure that wherever possible, they do not issue further dividend payments in the shareholder's name. They will also send you the forms that you will need to complete.
Please contact our registrars in writing or by phone so they can guide you through the process.


I've lost my dividend cheque - how do I get a replacement?
If you lose a dividend cheque before you have had a chance to pay it into your bank account, please contact our registrars in writing. Capita Registrars will then be able to reissue you with a replacement cheque. Please note that there may be an administration charge.


My dividend cheque is out of date.
If you send the out-of-date cheque to our registrars they will reissue it. If the cheque was for less than £30 there will be no charge, but for larger payments there may be an administration fee.


Can I have my dividends paid into my bank account?
This is possible with most bank or building society accounts in the UK. It is sometimes referred to as a 'payment instruction' or 'dividend mandate'. Mandating your dividends is easy - the dividend will go into your account on the payment date and tax information about the dividend will be sent to you at your registered address.

Print out the dividend instruction form from the "forms" link on our registrars website  complete it and post it to our registrar.

Shareholders can also update their mandate via the Capita Shareportal They will do everything to register your mandate request in time for the next dividend. However entitlement to a dividend is usually calculated one or two months before the dividend is actually paid. If your request is received after this time, you will receive your dividend by your existing payment method, but they will ensure that your instruction is registered for the subsequent payment.


Can I take my dividends as shares rather than cash?
Yes – G4S operates a DRIP (dividend re-investment plan). Visit our Dividend Information page for more details.


How do I transfer my shares to a friend or relation?
If you want to give or sell your shares to someone you know, you can transfer your holding using a 'stock transfer form'. This form can be downloaded from our Registrar's website

Once you have completed and signed the form, please return it to Capita by post. Shareholders can also update their mandate via the Shareportal


My share certificate has been lost/stolen - how do I get a replacement?
If you have lost your share certificate you will need to inform our registrars as soon as possible. This can be done by telephone or in writing. Capita will then be able to guide you through the process of obtaining a duplicate certificate. Depending on the value of the shares represented by the share certificate, a fee may be payable.


Our website uses cookies to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site. By continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more about the individual cookies we use and how to recognise them by clicking here Cookies page.