Preliminary Results Announcement
- Organic turnover growth* of 2.1% (2009: 3.7%)
- Group turnover* up 4.1% to £7,397 million (2009: £7,105m)
- PBITA* up 4.2% to £527 million (2009: £506m)
- Margin* maintained at 7.1% (2009: 7.1%) through tight cost control
- Strong cash flow generation of £442 million, 85% of PBITA (2009: 90%)
- Adjusted earnings per share increased by 7% to 21.6p (2009: 20.2p) and by 6% at constant exchange rates
- Recommended final dividend up 14% to 4.73 pence per share DKK 0.4082 (2009: 4.16p/DKK 0.3408)
- Recommended total dividend up 10% to 7.90 pence per share DKK 0.6959 (2009: 7.18p/DKK 0.5624)
- Invested £65 million in a number of acquisitions to consolidate our positions in Latin America, primarily entering the thriving Brazilian market
* at constant (2010) exchange rates
Nick Buckles, Chief Executive Officer, commented:
“Today we have announced our sixth consecutive year of underlying revenue, profit and dividend growth since G4S was formed in 2004.
The excellent performance in 2010 has been achieved despite continued uncertainties with the global economic downturn, which is testament to the efforts of our global workforce of 625,000 employees. We have delivered further strong organic growth of 6.6% in New Markets, which now account for 29% of revenue and 33% of profits, and we are encouraged by signs of economic recovery in our larger developed markets of the US and the UK. In addition, our differentiated “integrated solutions” strategy is helping us to build market share with global customers.
We will continue to build on our successes and remain confident about the outlook for 2011 when we expect to deliver an improved organic revenue growth performance whilst continuing to maintain our discipline on margins and cash generation.”