Our focus on sustainability ESG Report 2022
The ESG Report emphasizes the company's commitment to ethics and sustainability, focusing on key strategic objectives across environmental, social and governance categories.
The report highlights Allied Universal's approach to ethics and sustainability matters and focuses on our activity across ESG strategic objectives, including:
- Identifying the positive social value we bring to the communities in which we operate and mapping the company's key sustainability programs in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Setting out our commitment to employee safety and steps we are taking to achieve our goal of zero harm.
- Reconfirming our respect for human rights and describing the progress we are making to help those in our care realize their rights.
- Describing how we develop relationships with our employees through a wide variety of representative forums and feedback channels.
- Recommitting to achieving global net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 or sooner, and the progress of our net-zero strategy in our U.K. and Ireland businesses.
We have made positive progress in all areas of our ESG strategy but recognize - as part of our ongoing journey - there is more we can do to continuously improve our sustainability performance.
During 2022, we have achieved the following:
- Reduced more than 10% in our global carbon intensity (t/CO2e per $million revenue).
- In line with the industry average, awarded a climate change score of ”C” in our first submission to the CDP, an international non-profit organization that helps companies, cities, states, regions and public authorities disclose their environmental impact.
- Continued to invest in initiatives to reduce our carbon emissions, such as procuring 15% of our global electricity consumption from renewable sources and exploring opportunities to extend the use of electric vehicles within our fleet.
- Completed implementation of the ”Employer Pay Principle” for migrant worker employees in directly managed businesses.
- Launched new policies for Human Rights, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and Supplier Diversity.
- Continued to implement changes to increase representation of women and minorities in our organization.
- Refreshed our Golden Rules of safety, helping to reduce our injury rate.
- Gathered feedback from more than 418,000 participants in our global employee engagement survey, achieving an overall favorable score of 85%.
- Delivered more than 6.5 million online training programs to employees.
- Embedded our guiding statements through a global communications program.
- Built a global ethics and compliance team.
- Refreshed the Global Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Policy.
- Extended our supply chain due-diligence partnerships with EcoVadis and Integrity Next.