Our Canadian affiliations
Membership and Industry Experience
We continue to improve our communication and engagement with key stakeholder groups to ensure that our strategy is aligned to their needs and that, as our CSR programs and industry participation develops, we seek input and advice from those around us.
Taking this proactive approach to raising global standards has helped build G4S’s reputation with governments, customers and employees, while ensuring we can deliver a sustainable return for our investors.
In Canada, G4S is a proud member of several organizations that share similar values of safety, security and service excellence. As a leader in the security industry, we regularly participate in events and seminars that look to promote public safety, community security and industry education.Global Memberships
Membership and INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
- APSA (Association of Professional Security Agencies)
- BOMA (Building Owners and Managers Association)
- CACP (Canadian Association Chiefs of Police)
- CANASA (Canadian Security Association)
- Canadian General Standards Board - Phase 1 Certified
- Canadian General Standards Board - Phase 2 Certified
- Contractor Check
- IAHSS (International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety)
- IFPO (International Foundation for Protection Officers)
Our regional affiliations
- ASIS (American Society of Industrial Security)
- CSAA Certified (Five Diamond Central Station Certification)
- Community Associations Institute (CAI)
- SAFETY Act Certification and Designation
- ISO 9001:2015 Registered
- Utilities Telecom Council (UTC)
- UL Central-station Protective Signaling Services (UUFX.S24638)
International Code of Conduct
G4S is a founder signatory to the International Code of Conduct for private security providers, setting principles for security operations in areas experiencing or recovering from disaster or unrest where governments and the rule of law are weak.
UN GLobal compact
In 2011, G4S became a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact, the international standard which promotes socially responsible business behaviour in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption.