March 27, 2020
I hope everyone is remaining safe and following local state and city instructions as the COVID-19 situation continues to develop throughout the U.S. In this week’s note, I’d like to update you on the continued customer impact, ways that we can remain healthy at work and resources to help those with children at home due to school closures.
Monitoring Your Health
I want to continue to stress the importance of the health of our employees. At this time, we have 16 confirmed cases of COVID-19 within G4S Secure Solutions (USA). The best way for us to stop the spread of COVID-19 is to limit our exposure to the virus. It is critically important that if you feel sick, you stay home.
As medical professionals learn more about the virus, we have more information to aid in identifying those that may be sick. According to the CDC, COVID-19 symptoms appear within 2-14 days after exposure and the key symptoms are fever, dry cough and shortness of breath. Some people may have mild cold-like symptoms and others may have severe respiratory distress. A new symptom that has been discussed in the medical community this week is a decreased ability to smell.This may be present even before cold symptoms. Out of an abundance of caution, it is important for employees to remain at home and not attend work if they have any of the above mentioned symptoms.
If you are concerned that you may have been exposed to COVID-19, please seek medical attention and do not return to work until you are medically cleared. You can also visit the CDC self-checker site to help you determine if you need to seek additional care.
If you have any additional questions about COVID-19, please contact us via email: email@example.com.
Please be sure to view the daily health and safety email and text messages you are receiving from G4S with specific content related to prevention and coping with COVID-19. These are helpful tools to ensure employees remain mentally and physically healthy during this trying time.Doctor on Demand
As so many of us are asked to stay home as much as possible and lines at medical offices grow longer, we are extending a service that will be beneficial to you and your families. Doctor on Demand (DOD), a remote medical consultation service, will be available for free from April 1 to May 31 to all G4S employees regardless of whether you have the G4S medical plan. DOD will offer at-home telemedicine consultations where physicians diagnose, treat, and prescribe medications via phone or video consultation. Please make use of this service for you and your families if you have medical needs or think you may have been exposed to COVID-19.
For more information please visit www.DoctorOnDemand.com, download the app, or text ENROLL to 68398. Be sure to add G4S as your employer in the app. You can also call Doctor on Demand directly at 800-997-6196.
As we experience increased requests for additional posts across the country, our local teams are working to ensure that current employees have the opportunity to work and we are also looking to fill new positions.
Our recruitment team has launched a number of recruitment campaigns in markets across the region and will continue to do so, but want to reach out to our employee base as well. If you know of anyone that is looking for work and matches the requirements for any of our open positions, please encourage them to apply through the G4S career site or text "JOBS" to 561-660-9797 from a mobile phone.
Customer Impact Update
Our customers continue to feel the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are working with customers as they adjust the number of staff hours required at their locations. Across the region our teams are working to rebalance staff as needed according to these changes to minimize the impact of state and local restrictions on our customers and employees.
With schools closing for the foreseeable future, we understand that many of our employees are now taking on the role of teacher during this time. To help ensure that your children are entertained and keeping up on their education outside of what their schools are providing, our team has produced Learning at Home Resources which we will share with you every week.
- Scholastic Learn At Home (https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html) - Provides 20 days’ worth of learning assets for free during coronavirus restrictions. The curriculum is built for Pre-K and Kindergarten, Grades 1-2, Grades 3-5, and Grades 6-9. Currently populated with content for Week 1 and Week 2 and additional content to follow. (Lessons for Pre-K/Kindergarten and Grades 1-2 are also available in Spanish).
- TedEd (ed.ted.com) - TEDEd brings lessons to life for students through animation. TEDEd collects the best teacher lessons around the world and turns them into shareable animated videos for students. You can also sign up online (https://ed.ted.com/daily_newsletter) to have a handful of engaging lesson plans organized by age group delivered to your inbox every day.
- PBS At Home (https://pbslearningmedia.org/collection/emergency-closings-collection/) PBS has created resources and lessons for PreK-12th grade organized by both grade and subject area. They include videos, lesson plans and activities that support learning at home.
- BBC Bitesize (https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize) – a site from the United Kingdom that provides lessons that are relevant to everyday situations.
- Khan Academy (www.Khanacademy.org) - Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard. The site provides math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics lessons, and more. They have also partnered with institutions like NASA, The Museum of Modern Art, The California Academy of Sciences, and MIT to offer specialized content.
During this unprecedented time, we must band together and put forth our best efforts to stay safe and adhere to the advice provided by our medical community. Please take seriously the guidance to wash your hands as often as possible, maintain safe social distance from others, avoid those that may have any symptoms of illness and isolate yourself if you are sick.
I also want to thank each and every one of you for the unbelievable support you are showing our customers through your continued professional support at client sites across the country. Our customers look to you to keep their people, assets and property safe despite this challenging environment and teams are standing up to the task with remarkable worth ethic. I am forever grateful and proud of all you do for our company.
G4S Secure Solutions (USA)