G4S Mask Requirements & COVID-19 Health Screening Questionnaire
March 12, 2021
While inconsistencies persist about mask requirements in states across the country, we want to remind all of our employees that mask requirements remain in effect for all G4S employees in accordance with our pandemic plan and guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The governors of Texas and Mississippi announced that they would halt mask mandates and reopen their states to allow businesses to operate at full capacity. Earlier this month, the governors of Iowa and Montana announced they were rescinding mandates of wearing masks, joining several other states that either never had mask mandates or have since rescinded these policies.
At G4S our top priority is to protect our employees, our clients’ employees, their visitors as well the general public. Please continue to wear a mask and follow the recommended safety protocols to protect yourself and others from the virus.
Security Officer Guidelines for De-escalating Confrontations About Mask Usage
If you are a G4S security officer and find yourself in a confrontation with an individual over a mask-use policy at a client site please remember that enforcing security rules is what we do for clients, and how we enforce rules is important. Below are some helpful de-escalation tips to use if an individual becomes confrontational with you about wearing a mask:
- Stay calm: Take a deep breath and use a low town of voice.
- Don’t take it personally: It’s not about you.
- State the mask rule: Calmly and tactfully state the rule, repeating it, if necessary.
- Use non-threatening body language: Maintain a calm facial expression, avoid crossing your arms, don’t point your finger, clench your fists or put your hands on your hips.
- Give the individual plenty of space: Allowing personal space shows respect, keeps you safer and gives them room to leave.
- Follow the onsite post order process and escalate: If despite your efforts, individuals are still not willing to wear masks, elevate the matter to the customer supervisor for further direction and follow the post order process.
Daily Health Screening Questionnaire Improvements
We are also pleased to announce that we have improved our daily health screening process by separating our COVID-19 Health Screening Questionnaire for Employees into five distinct forms. These forms are split up as follows: (1) Southeast Region, (2) Northeast Region, (3) Central Region, (4) Western Region, (5) Headquarters & Regulated Security Solutions (RSS).
The screening questionnaire is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and must be completed by all employees before arriving at work sites each day. Your participation is important to help us take precautionary measures to protect you and everyone in your workplace. The information provided in the forms will be confidential and maintained separately from other records, with limited access to necessary personnel on a need-to-know basis only.
Daily Health Screening Steps
1. Access the form via one of the methods listed below. Once you have completed this form, you will receive an email immediately, advising you of next steps.
2. If cleared for work, your email will contain a timestamped access pass. Present this to the front-desk employee at your worksite with the timestamp clearly visible.
3. District managers and supervisors will make paper versions of the questionnaire available as needed for employees to complete on site if they do not wish to complete the questionnaire electronically.
4. If based on your responses, G4S is concerned you are at risk for COVID-19, you will be asked to not appear in-person at your work site.
Access via direct link:
Access via QR Code:
Access via the HUB: https://sites.lumapps.com/a/g4s/Home/employee-and-manager-zone
FM-500 COVID-19 Contact Tracing Form
This form is to be completed by G4S personnel in a supervisory position in the event that:
- A direct report is showing COVID-19 symptoms
- An employee’s FM-501e “COVID-19 Health Screening Questionnaire for Employees” results in a directive to stay home due to health concerns
FM-501 Health Screening Questions for Employees (COVID-19) (Paper Version)
This form is the paper version of our Health Screening questionnaire. Use this in the event that an employee is unable to complete the digital version of this form--FM-501e.
FM-502 Notice of Mandatory Test for COVID-19 and Collection of Personal Information
This is an agreement for the employee to give consent for the tests to be conducted. This form is to be used only in instances where a G4S client will be conducting COVID nasal and/or oral swab tests on our employees.
FM-503 HR & Managers Guide to Employees Returning to Work (COVID-19)
This form is a Human Resources guide to employees who have previously been confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19. This form is to be referenced (no required fields to be completed) when an employee is returning to work after COVID-19 exposure of suspicion, to ensure proper precautions are taken.
- Guide to Completing The FM-501e COVID-19 Health Screening Questions For Employees
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Information
Please continue to stay safe and ensure you are following health guidelines as we do our part to protect ourselves and others. Thank you for your continued support and dedication.
SVP, Chief Human Resources Officer