Supplier Diversity and Inclusion
To achieve this in the UK, G4S is embedding the following practices across our business:
- Measure our use of diverse suppliers - using a sustainability technology platform (Integrity Next) we are now tracking our spend with diverse suppliers, allowing us to measure and set targets for the future
- Identifying and providing opportunities to new diverse suppliers - through our partnerships with Kaleida and MSDUK (see below), inviting more diverse suppliers to bid for work
- Training and awareness - promoting the benefits of using diverse suppliers to our procurement teams and wider business
G4S is committed to making supplier diversity a business priority and before the end of this year it will:
- Host updates for business leaders on the supplier diversity programme
- Deliver training to the procurement team on supplier diversity and partnerships with MSDUK and Kaleida
- Set out its 3-year supplier diversity and inclusion objectives
From 2023, G4S will expand its supplier diversity programme beyond the UK and into other key markets.
In September 2022, G4S joined Kaleida's growing list of large employers supporting Supplier Diversity.
Kaleida International is the UK and EMEA's first fully-inclusive B2B marketplace for tenders connecting buyers to diverse suppliers. Finding diverse suppliers in the region is time-consuming as the process involves researching multiple databases. The Kaleida platform, a source of supplier diversity data, improves the accessibility of diverse suppliers to corporate buyers with an Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) mandate.
G4S is committed to promoting a broader representation of diverse suppliers in its supply chain. Kaleida’s platform will help enable this and ensure that future opportunities are more accessible to diverse businesses across the UK.
Suppliers can register their diverse business with Kaleida by visiting www.kaleida.co
In September 2022 G4S agreed a partnership with Minority Supplier Development UK (MSDUK), the UK’s leading non-profit membership organisation driving inclusive procurement.
MSDUK is a leading advocacy organisation that connects ethnic minority owned businesses across the UK, and is now expanding into Europe. They partner with over 100 global organisations, like G4S, to innovatively break through inequalities and barriers in public and private sector supply chains.
Through this new partnership , G4S will seek to promote and provide opportunities to businesses with ethnic minority owners, as part of its wider commitment to being an ethical and sustainable organisation - doing business the right way.
It will enable G4S to:
- Have regular engagement with MSDUK’s dedicated relationship manager to support the progress of their supplier diversity journey.
- Access peer engagement sessions with other corporates in the MSDUK’s network to learn industry best practices and share knowledge on supplier diversity with each other
- Gain better access to certified ethnic minority businesses through shared database and hosted suppliers events
For further information, please contact email@example.com