Half-Yearly Results Announcement
G4S, the world’s leading international security solutions group, today announces its half year results for the six months to 30 June 2011.
- Group turnover* up 5% to £3,761 million (2010: £3,575m)
- Organic turnover growth* of 5% (2010: 2%)
- PBITA* up 3% to £239 million (2010: £233m)
- PBITA margin* 6.4% (2010: 6.5%)
- Operating cash flow generation of 60% of PBITA (2010: 72%); expect to achieve full year target of 85%
- Adjusted earnings per share increased 8% to 10.0p (2010: 9.3p) at actual exchange rates and increased10% (2010: 9.1p) at constant exchange rates
- Interim dividend up 8% to 3.42 pence per share, DKK 0.2928 (2010: 3.17p/DKK 0.2877)
* at constant (2011) exchange rates
Nick Buckles, Chief Executive Officer, commented:
“Following a robust performance during the global recession, organic growth is accelerating in most regions and business sectors and we have a healthy pipeline of bidding opportunities, particularly in the UK government market. Our New Markets businesses (now 29% of group revenues) continue to show excellent organic growth - up 9% overall.
We expect growth in Cash Solutions in developed markets (13% of group revenues) will continue to be impacted by low interest rates, but we are encouraged by recent discussions with financial institutions regarding outsourcing opportunities.
At the Capital Markets Day in May this year, we highlighted our plans to invest around £200 million per year on acquisitions whilst maintaining our strict financial screening criteria. We have a strong pipeline of M&A opportunities which should come to fruition within the next six to twelve months. This pipeline, together with the recovery in growth in our existing business, gives us confidence in the outlook for the full year and into 2012. That confidence is reflected in the 8% increase in our interim dividend.”
Download the full Half Yearly Results Announcement
Presentation of Results
A presentation to investors and analysts took place on 23rd August at the London Stock Exchange, 10 Paternoster Square, London, EC4M 7LS.
Click here for the Presentation Slides
To listen to a reply of the presentation after the event:
UK Toll Access Number +44 (0)20 3140 0698
UK Toll Free Number 0800 368 1890
US Toll Free Number +1 877 846 3918
DK Toll Free Number +45 7 014 2885
Conference Reference 378275#
You can also view the transcript.