Benefits of electronic communications
Shareholders who register for 'electronic communication' will be notified by email as soon as shareholder documentation, such as our annual report and our notice of meeting, is published. This notification will include details of where you can view or download the documents on our website.
What you need to do
To receive your shareholder communications electronically, simply:
•Go to the website www.capitashareportal.com
•Click on ‘Register for the Share Portal’ on the right-hand side of the page;
•Type in ‘G4S’ and click ‘Search’;
•Click on ‘G4S PLC’.
Enter your details including your Investor Code (which you will find on your share certificate or on your dividend cheque, dividend tax voucher) to complete the registration form.
You will then be able to access your G4S shareholding details and register to receive all future communications electronically.
Registering on our registrar’s web portal also enables you to manage your shareholding online.
• Access details of your G4S shareholding quickly and securely;
• Update your registered address and other personal details;
• Change your dividend payment options;
• Change your communication option;
• Change the way you receive your dividends; and
• Cast your vote.
Will I need any specific computer equipment to receive electronic communications from G4S?
You will need internet access, an email address, a web browser and a PDF reader.
The PDF reader is necessary as many of our documents are downloadable in PDF format to allow easy printing. You can download a PDF reader called Adobe Acrobat Reader for free at http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/.
Option 1: Be notified by post that documents are available on the website.
Option 2: Be notified by e mail that documents are available on the website.
Option 3: Continue to receive paper documents by post.
Option 1 was the default option; if shareholders did not respond and Capita Asset Services did not already have their email address, they would (and will continue to*) receive a letter from us advising when documents are available on our website.
* Please note that shareholders can, at any time, change their decision on how they wish to receive shareholder documents by using the web portal described above or by contacting Capita Asset Services on 0871 664 0300 (calls from a landline cost 10 pence per minute plus network extras; other telephony provider costs may vary) or +44 20 8639 3399 if calling from overseas. Lines are open 8.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.