We're Recruiting Financial Services Security Officers
About Financial Services Security
Concierge Security Officers
Concierge Security Officers meet and greet staff, visitors and customers and create a positive first impression. They verify ID, issue access and credentials for staff, visitors and contractors, conduct patrols of the building to identify security risks and technical security faults, monitor and assist with security enquiries, report incidents and faults to the Security Operations Centre, maintain and monitor alarms, registers and CCTV, and act as Emergency Wardens as part of the Emergency Control team.
Control Room Operators
Control Room Operators are based in Security Operations Centres where they provide control room monitoring and responses, and security helpdesk support. As the role involves liaising with staff at all levels regarding security matters, communication is key. They respond to remote incidents and emergency calls to Triple Zero and Police, book and dispatch security services such as guards, roving patrol teams and technicians, and assist with onsite contractors. They also log incident reports in databases and monitor CCTV, alarms and building management systems.
Control Room Team Leaders
Control Room Team Leaders provide support with training and guidance with incoming calls. In addition to undertaking Control Room duties, they also support the management team with reports and productivity monitoring.
Control Room and Security Supervisors
Supervisors of Control Room and Security staff lead and mentor less experienced staff, review procedures and systems to identify continuous improvement opportunities, and escalate and support with incidents and operational matters. They prepare daily quality assurance reports on service levels, assign tasks to staff, and liaise between G4S and Security Operation Centres regarding day-to-day administration and non-operational matters.
Please note the rostered hours below are examples and not confirmed. Actual rostered hours will be communicated to candidates and may be subject to change.
- Control Room Operators work a 24/7 fixed/rotating roster, 365 days a year, including Public Holidays.
- Control Room Supervisors work a 38-hour week, requiring one leader on site during the hours of 07:00-23:00 Monday to Friday. This is split by two supervisors covering an 8-hour shift and a Team Leader who covers the Supervisor duty between 08:00-16:00 on Saturdays.
- Control Room Team Leaders work a fortnightly rotation of 08:00-16:00 Monday to Friday, followed by 08:00 to 16:00 Tuesday to Saturday.
- Concierge Security Officers work a rotating roster of 8-hour shifts between 07:00-19:00 Monday to Friday.
- Security Team Leaders work a 50-hour week between 07:00-17:00 Monday to Friday.
- Control Room Operators $25.92
- Concierge Security Officers
- Supervisors, Security Operation Centre $95,000 + super
- Team Leader, Security Operation Centre $85,000 + super
- Team Leader, Concierge Security $81,000 + super
Once you've applied online, one of our recruiters will reach out for a quick 10-minute phone call to discuss the role in more detail and find out more about you.
Shortlisted applicants will then be invited to attend an onsite interview.
If successful after the interview, the G4S Talent Acquisition team will email you a series of items to complete and return:
- Your ID and relevant Qualifications.
- Your Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate.
- National Police & Reference Check Form.
You will also need to complete and pass a pre-employment medical assessment.
Upon passing, you'll receive an employment contract plus a final set of Onboarding Forms to complete.
- Modern corporate office
- State-of-the art control centre technology
- $1000 sign on Bonus
- Uniform provided
- Onsite training provided
- Victorian Security Licence (Control Room Endorsement is required for Control Room Operator roles)
- Certificate II or III in Security Operations
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 (2 doses)
- Strong communication skills and professional phone manner
- Computer-literate, and comfortable using the Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, etc.)
Our Integrated Security Services support major government, industry and corporate clients. In every contract, we tailor security solutions for individual operating environments to protect critical assets, infrastructure, services and people. These staff work in various settings, from government, education and health, to retail, telecommunications, resources and energy, as Court Security Officers, Concierge/Corporate Security, Facility Security Officers, Control Room and Speed Camera Operators.
By managing risk, we help governments, business, judiciary and community services operate with peace of mind and efficiency. Clients include State Government Departments, Courts and Tribunals, Youth Justice Centres, Police, and banks and energy companies, in Victoria, New South Wales and Western Australia.