What is the G4S Security Pathway?
The G4S Security Pathway is a funded path to becoming a Facility Security Officer at our client site in Karratha.
Candidates go through our standard recruitment process and are then offered a contract as a Facility Security Officer, on the condition they gain a WA Security Licence.
G4S supports this process by providing the training required for a Certificate II in Security Operations, then guides people through gaining a WA Security Licence which is subject to you passing relevant checks. This takes an average of 8-12 weeks. When the licence is granted, candidates can commence employment with G4S.
The G4S Security Pathway is currently open to people living in or near Karratha in Western Australia, where G4S works with an energy provider to protect their facilities. The team provides a safe, secure and hazard-free environment to operate in, and it's currently growing.
Learn more about Facility Security Officer roles.
Across the business, there are other security job opportunities to suit all lifestyles, including:
- Full-time, part-time and casual positions
- Work across a Monday to Friday roster, or across a 24/7 roster
- CBD, Metro and Regional vacancies
- Roles within the Courts, Residential Support, Youth Justice, and Corporate environments.
To view all employment opportunities, please visit our Careers site.
The course includes the following core units:
- Apply effective communication skills to maintain security
- Apply legal and procedural requirements to work effectively within a security team
- Apply WHS, emergency response and evacuation procedures to maintain security
- Apply risk assessment to select and carry out response to security risk situations
- Provide quality services to a range of security clients
- Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques
- Patrol premises to monitor property and maintain security
- Screen people, personal effects and items to maintain security
- Monitor and control access and exit of persons and vehicles from premises
- Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour to maintain security
- Apply security procedures to manage intoxicated persons
- Apply security procedures to remove persons from premises
- Escort and protect persons and valuables
- Provide first aid
- Candidates must live locally in Karratha.
- Hold a Western Australian Driver's Licence.
- Pass their Certificate II in Security Operations.
- Pass the Security Background check for their Western Australian Security Licence.
- Be willing to commit to 12 months' employment with G4S.
Candidates should allow 8-10 weeks between applying and starting work.
G4S runs a thorough recruitment process, which includes a face-to-face interview plus background checks, including a National Police Check, a Reference check, and a Medical Assessment.
Karratha candidates will need to travel to attend a face-to-face interview in Karratha, and for Medical Assessments our providers will work with you to select a suitable available location.
If you are successful in being offered a role, G4S will issue you with an employment contract and enroll you in the Certificate II in Security Operations, which involves approximately 14 days of classroom training.
G4S funding of the course is pursuant to you accepting a formal offer of employment. Staff must also remain employed with G4S for a minimum of 12 months.
After completing the course, candidates will need to apply for their Security Licence, which is required to start work with G4S. Security Licences are usually granted within 8 weeks.
Before starting work all candidates must also complete Industry Safety Induction training and our client’s Online Learning Modules.
If you’re interested in the G4S Security Pathway and a job as a Facility Security Officer, please complete this form and we'll contact you.
If you are seeking employment opportunities, please visit our Careers page.