Interim Results Announcement - January-June 2007
- Good organic turnover growth of 7.5% (2006: 7.3%)
- Group turnover* up 11.8% to £2,263.9 million (2006: £2,025.3m)
- PBITA* up 15.9% to £139.5 million (2006: £120.4 m)
- Margin* improved to 6.2% (2006: 5.9%)
- Cash flow generation of £97.7 million, 71% of PBITA (2006: 85%)
- Adjusted earnings per share* increased by 11.8% to 5.7p (2006: 5.1p)
- Interim dividend up 24.9% to 2.11 pence per share DKK 0.2319 (2006: 1.69p/DKK 0.1863)
- Strong performance achieved across all regions and service lines
- New Markets PBITA* up 38%
- Good progress made towards growth and margin targets
- Expect positive momentum to continue into the second half
* at constant exchange rates
Nick Buckles, Chief Executive Officer, commented:
“We have had a very good first half with strong performances across all regions and service lines, despite the weakening of the US dollar. We have made a number of small and medium sized acquisitions in the last six months, mainly targeted at adding further capabilities and expertise to the group – this strategy will help us to continue our security solutions approach to the market.
We are pleased to be making good progress towards our published margin and growth targets. As a result of our continuing growth, we have now broken the 500,000 employee threshold. We are very proud of our people and the high quality security solutions they provide to major organisations and strategically important locations around the world.
We expect the strong momentum achieved so far this year to continue into the second half.”
For further enquiries, please contact
Nick Buckles, Chief Executive Officer
Trevor Dighton, Chief Financial Officer
Debbie McGrath, Group Communications Director
G4S plc Unaudited Interim Results Announcement & Presentation
A presentation to investors and analysts took place on 29th August at the London Stock Exchange, 10 Paternoster Square, London.
The full Unaudited Interim Results announcement is available within our Investor Relations (Financial Presentations) area.