Half-Yearly Results Announcement Jan-June 2009
G4S, the world’s leading international security solutions group, today announces its half year results for the six months to 30 June 2009.
- Group turnover* up 11.8% to £3,486.1 million (2008:£ 3,117.0m)
- Organic turnover growth* of 4.8% (2008: 10.5%)
- PBITA* up 13.4% to £229.8 million (2008:£202.6m)
- Margin* improved to 6.6% (2008: 6.5%)
- Operating cash flow generation of 75% of PBITA (2008: 77%)
- Adjusted earnings per share increased 25.0% to 9.0p (2008: 7.2p) and by 9.8% at constant exchange rates (2008: 8.2p)
- Interim dividend up 10% to 3.02 pence per share, DKK 0.2599 (2008: 2.75p/DKK 0.2572)
- Continued good performance across all regions and business segments
- Expect a strong performance for the full year
* at constant (2009) exchange rates
Nick Buckles, Chief Executive Officer, commented:
“Our overall achievement of 4.8% organic growth and 9.8% EPS growth is a strong performance against a back-drop of lower economic growth and inflation falling in many of our markets. This demonstrates the resilience of our business model and the robustness of our customer relationships and contract base. Our higher growth, more complex business segments in government, cash solutions and new markets are all performing very well.
Through good cost control, productivity improvements and focus on service quality across the group, we have achieved double digit profit growth and an improvement in the margin compared to the prior year.
Overall, we remain confident about our performance for the year and into 2010.”
Read the full G4S 2009 Interim Results Announcement (PDF 422.7 KB)as a PDF
Download the Interim Results Presentation as a PDF