corporate social responsibility
We recognise that the sustainable growth of our business depends on our unwavering commitment to good corporate governance, the development and engagement of our people, proactively identifying and mitigating risks, and the sound partnerships that we build with our customers and our local communities. Corporate social responsibility is therefore an integral part of our everyday work. We take our responsibility to “secure your world” very seriously.
Our approach to CSR is wide-ranging and focuses on initiatives that make a marked difference in the upliftment and betterment of our people and the communities we work in. Our primary CSI focus area is the development and support of the youth, mainly through education, healthcare and development through sport initiatives. When identifying corporate social investment (CSI) partnership opportunities, G4S seeks to:
• Identify community projects or organisations that reflect the interests and concerns of our employees and our business.
• Align projects with our core CSI focus areas of health, education, welfare and support of Africa’s youth.
• Make a demonstrable difference in the lives of the people we touch. Projects must therefore be sustainable and measurable.
• Opportunities must capture the hearts of our employees and customers. Active engagement and participation is key in any initiative we support.
• Our CSR initiatives are aligned with our business strategy and our efforts to continually engage with customers and other key stakeholder groups.