G4S Academy: Bringing Intelligence into the Future of Security
G4S conducts training at the Applied Security Academy (Academy), whose services are used by the majority of clients, for the education in security related issues.
The Applied Security Academy (АSA) is engaged in qualifying human resources for successful performance of private and in-house security, risky and stressful jobs, as Security Consulting and Stress Management.
It has been established due to the need for providing the highest quality of security services, through engaging well trained and qualified employees, having a high level of knowledge of security industry.
From the very start, Academy programs have been in accordance with the programs of American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS International) and UK Security Industry Training Organization (UK SITO).
After the establishment of the Confederation of European Security Services (CoESS) and creation of the European professional training manual, Academy adopted its Basic Training Program in accordance with CoESS Manual, and after applying for membership in CoESS (on December 11, 2006) introduced it as its own standard.
Pursuant to the decision of the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Serbia, the Police Directorate for the City of Belgrade, G4S Secure Solutions is authorized to perform professional training of persons:
- for carrying out physical and technical protection tasks and
- for the performance of the attendant duties,
in accordance with the Law on Private Security ("Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia", No. 104 of 27 November 2013, 42 of 11 May 2015, 87 of 13 November 2018) and the Rulebook on Programs and Methods of Training for the Performing of Private Security Activities and the attendant services ("Official Gazette of RS", No. 15/19 of March 8, 2019).
Training is classified by the trainees activity:
- Training for security employees
- Training for employees in risky and stressful jobs (bank officers, exchange office clerks...)
- Training for security managers
Besides the security related specialized courses, Academy organizes, through outside assistance, courses in first aid, martial arts, computer science, fire safety and English language.
All courses require a test for completion, with the test results being recorded in personal files.
Academy has at its disposal the following:
- Video tapes with the most important issues of Professional Security Television Network (PSTN), USA – professional security videos;
- Selected security titles of Butterworth-Heinemann – from the famous security library;
- A great number of issues of different international professional security magazines and text compilations