On the webG4S is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for all our website visitors. This means that we want all our website visitors to be able to access the information we provide without difficulty and that we have taken steps to remove or address barriers to access. We are continually improving the user experience. To do that we monitor, apply and review compliance with all relevant accessibility standards across our sites and are early adopters of changes whenever the standards are upgraded.
Our goal is to facilitate access to our websites in whichever way our visitors prefer, including using assistive technologies, such as a screen reader, text to speech or speech recognition software, screen magnifier, and/or keyboard emulators.
Our website uses valid, structured, semantic HTML and our visual styling is provided by Style Sheets (CSS).
Efforts to support accessibility
G4S has in place formal accessibility quality assurance checkers as well as clear accessibility targets and responsibilities. We assess the accessibility of our site using both self-evaluation methods i.e evaluated internally by the company and external evaluation i.e. evaluated by an external entity with expertise in website accessibility and best practice, not involved in the design and development process.Some specific criteria that we consistently check against include:
- Users can vary their text sizes using the browsers text resize options. To do this, in most browsers, press Ctrl + and Ctrl - on your keyboard.
- All appropriate images will contain an ‘alt’ tag attribute as an alternative to images
- Information and relationships between text items are implied by visual formatting and the use of cascading style sheets (CSS), appropriate tagging for PDFs and text descriptions of relevant information.
- All our web pages contain an appropriate html heading element to determine page structure and support assistive technologies and will be distinct and unique where possible.
- All PDFs will contain a meaningful title
- The purpose of each link can be determined from the link alone and should make sense when read out of context.
- G4S strives to conform to WCAG 2.1 level AA
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
- This site is designed to be compatible with the following browsers (typically the latest versions):
- Internet Explorer 11.0
We welcome feedback on the accessibility of this site. If you are having difficulty navigating the content or believe a section is not accessible then please contact us via one of the following methods:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal Address: 46 Gillingham St, Pimlico, London SW1V 1HU
Please provide as much information as possible to allow us to fully investigate your concerns or feedback. We aim to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This accessibility statement is approved by G4S’ Group Head of Digital Communications