A One Team Approach
G4S & EDF Energy at Hinkley Point C Nuclear New Build needed to create a revolutionary way of working together as trusted partners. There was a need for openness and transparency to ensure the safe and secure delivery of one of Europe's largest infrastructure projects. There needed to be freedom to make decisions on matters that could mean immediate actions could be taken within a split second.
The Partnership Charter was that answer.
- Achieve zero harm
- Maintain regulatory and legal compliance
- Solve challenges working as ‘One Team’
- Encourage innovation and better ways of delivering effective security
- Deliver mutual support and encourage open dialogue
- Plan ahead to prevent surprises.
An agreement was cemented and governed by a Partnering Charter in line with CPNI and global ISO nuclear standards.
- Work together to enable safe and secure construction of HPC
- Ensure delivery of the project to time, cost and performance targets
- Mutually recognising and resolving challenges
- Evolving and innovating through an open, trusting and mutually supportive relationship.