What is a MOTO payment?
A MOTO payment, which stands for Mobile Order/Telephone Order payment, is a transaction that takes place using a virtual payment terminal. The virtual terminal is, essentially, a secure payment form on a web browser that allows you or members of staff to input the card details of a customer, either while they're on the phone or having sent you their card details in the post. As they take place on a web browser, MOTO payments are a type of online payment where the customer is not face-to-face with the merchant, otherwise known as 'Cardholder-Not-Present' payments.
With G4S Pay we can arrange secure and efficient MOTO card payments using virtual terminal services.
The benefits of MOTO transactions
Alongside the flexibility of taking card payments anywhere with an internet connection, our virtual credit card terminal has a host of features that work to improve your business and its payment offering. These include:
- Accepts all major credit and debit cards from anywhere in the world.
- Affordable packages keep your operational costs down.
- Get sales information in real-time with our reporting platform.
- PCI DSS Level 1 Compliant to ensure your customers' card details are secure.
- Expands your customer base to shoppers who can't reach you face to face or online.
Who can use these virtual payment services?
Virtual terminal card payments can be made by any business with a phone and internet access. But, because of their nature, virtual terminals are particularly useful to certain types of businesses and customers. These are:
- If you take care of business on the move
- If you don't have a website
- If you have customers of an older generation
- If you run a delivery or pickup service
- If you accept last-minute orders
- If you accept orders through the post
- If you have to call customers for security reasons
Those who receive phone calls or mail from their customers regularly will enjoy the convenience of being able to take payments at the same time with virtual payments.
And as multiple people can log into the virtual terminal payment gateway at any one time, you don't have to worry about the rest of your team making transactions simultaneously.
How do virtual payment services work?
Adding a virtual terminal to your payment options couldn't be simpler:
If you'd like to discover this service for yourself, you can start the process by registering with us. Once registered, a member of our UK-based team will walk you through the G4S Pay MOTO solution options and decide on the best one for your business.
Our affordable pricing can be tailored for all businesses and setting up is quick and easy.
If you want to find out more or to register for this service, contact us today.
Virtual Terminals FAQs
All of our payment gateway options go through PCI DSS compliance, which ensures the utmost security of the cardholder’s data in accordance with regulated policies.
To make a card payment through a virtual terminal, you’ll need:
- The cardholder’s name
- Their billing address
- The long number on the card
- The expiry date on the card
- The CVV number (three-digits at the back of the card)
Making virtual payments with G4S Pay couldn't be simpler:
- Log into the virtual terminal merchant account from any device that connects to the internet, such as a laptop, tablet or phone.
- A payment page will open showing a form with the appropriate card detail fields.
- Input the customer's card details and press 'Process'.
- The transaction is complete, and you should receive the money into your account within minutes.
First Data Europe Limited is a global provider of financial services technology and is not part of the G4S group of companies. All applications are subject to First Data Europe Limited's terms and conditions and credit policy. First Data Europe Limited is incorporated in England (company number 02012925) with a registered office at Janus House, Endeavour Drive, Basildon, Essex SS14 3WF. First Data Europe Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority as a provider of payment services. ( FCA register No.582703) G4S Cash Solutions (UK) Limited is not providing merchant acquiring services.
Get in touch with our experts
Upon receipt of your form, we will route your enquiry to the most appropriate commercial lead.
Contact customer services G4SCustomerServices@UK.G4S.com or call us 0844 800 4205.
Your question has been prepared and a G4S sales representative will get in touch with you!