360 Degree Security
THE CHALLENGES: OVERVIEW
One of G4S’s customers is a world-class automotive group with dealerships around South Africa. They supply a full range of products on a national level. Their brand also has several workshops with highly efficient parts departments, across four major cities. When this customer approached G4S, they were having operational challenges with their previous security service provider and they were looking for a change. They met with us and we gave them a one-on-one consultation, to learn more about their specific needs and how we could help.
After the consultation, we proposed a custom solution for this customer that would reduce product theft in this high-risk environment as well as address service issues. This was going to be a major undertaking and would require installing a full surveillance and intrusion system based on state-of-the-art security technology.
The primary goal for the customer in this situation was to reduce their risk. We learned from the risk assessment that we would need to develop a large, complex system as this customer had premises across multiple locations.
The project would also require collaborating with the existing security company during the changeover process. Their cooperation was essential to a smooth handover and to ensuring that the new system was set up properly across all locations. Despite the challenges, we were confident that we would be able to meet the needs of the customer with the state-of-the-art AI-based, comprehensive security systems we had to offer.
Extensive risk assessments were conducted for this company, in order to understand their security needs. We used the insights gathered from these risk assessments to create a bespoke solution for the customer.
Here are some of the aspects of the solution we put into place:
- We installed the G4S Risk 360 platform. This is a comprehensive incident management system, which allowed the customer to report, track and resolve all of their security incidents in real-time.
- All incidents are recorded within a modern, easy-to-use interface, which allows the customer to see all their security data at a glance. The Risk 360 system is based in the cloud, which helps to ensure system stability and better suits a global customer base.
- All security technologies were integrated and monitored at a G4S off-site national control centre. This meant that we could keep an eye on everything happening at various sites in real-time, from one central location.
- It was also important for us to collaborate with reliable contract partners in order to deliver these technology solutions in the more remote areas of South Africa.
In addition, we also:
- Strategically placed security guards based on risk and process requirements, balanced with the deployment of appropriate technology in order to effectively manage the comprehensive risk profile of the sites.
- Used the technology to support real-time monitoring of the security guards compliance to site operating procedures, and managed remotely to ensure that there was no familiarity between the on
and off-site teams.
Extra care was required to make sure everything was well managed and that security was not compromised while the change took place. The fact that the changeover went smoothly was a testament to the communication and organisation skills of the G4S team.
G4S’s approach resulted in a high-quality, fully integrated solution delivered to the customer across all their locations. The easy-to-use dashboard allows the customer to see all of their security data at a glance, in a modern and intuitive way.
The G4S Risk 360 platform employs state-of-the-art artificial intelligence and analytics, which helps the customer to avoid problems before they have even begun. Seeing the data clearly helps them to make better decisions around resources, staffing and reporting.
DOWNLOAD THE PDF CASE STUDY
If you would like this case study in PDF, please complete the form to gain access.