G4S acquires Alarm Monitoring Services
The purchased assets were acquired for a consideration of €2.55m payable in cash, 70% of which was paid on completion. The remaining 30% will be paid within 18 months, subject to achievement of certain results.
Alarm Monitoring Services provides a range of state-of-the-art monitoring, patrol and response services to Irish businesses. This acquisition will further develop G4S’s ability to deliver secure monitoring solutions to customers across Ireland.
Niall Feely, Managing Director, G4S Secure Solutions (Ireland) Limited commented: “We are very pleased to welcome the Managing Director of AMS, Tim O’Shea and the AMS team to G4S. This is a very important acquisition for us which allows us to expand our business and offer a stronger, more effective and comprehensive security service to some 40,000 businesses, organisations and enterprises across Ireland. Security issues are a growing source of worry to Irish businesses and it is important for us, as the industry leader, to continue to expand our services and bring greater security and reassurance to our customers”.